Established in 1971 by Ian Kynoch MRCVS, Kynoch Vets has grown into a multi-centre practice with a reputation for exceptionally high quality veterinary care.
In July 2017 we entered into a Partnership with Medivet, enabling us to continue to pursue our goal of providing outstanding veterinary care to you and your pets.
We understand how special your pet is and have developed our services to ensure they have the best possible chance of a long and healthy life.
To achieve this high level of care, we provide a comprehensive range of facilities and expertise.
- Easy access and parking at all our practices
- Comfortable waiting rooms and facilities for the disabled
- Consultations available throughout the day until at least 7pm, with the vet of your choice
- Reception is open throughout the day with fully trained receptionists happy to answer enquiries
- Saturday appointments at all our surgeries and Sundays at our Crowthorne surgery
- Fully computerised record system with direct links between all practices to ensure immediate access to any pet’s records, whichever practice you happen to be attending
All our vets regularly attend professional development courses to keep their knowledge up to date. Qualified nurses in every practice available for free advice. Several specialties in the practice allowing us to offer a higher level of expertise:
- Mark Oakley has a Certificate in Cardiology. His level of knowledge of heart disease in cats and dogs is unrivalled in the area
- Jonathan Spurgeon looks after our laparoscopy team. He is one of only a few vets in the country skilled at keyhole surgery, minimising the trauma associated with operations such as spays
- Nadia Mongelli is very experienced in acupuncture which can be of great benefit in the control of pain. She also performs high-resolution ultrasound examinations to help diagnose abdominal conditions.
- Ben Middleton has furthered his studies in Ophthalmology and treats more complex eye conditions, as well as offering advanced dental treatments
- David Potter has studied towards a certificate in small animal surgery and handles the orthopaedic surgery caseload
- Ivan Crotaz spends much of his time treating rabbits and is able to offer a superior level of expertise in caring for these ever more popular pets
- Christopher Probert has a GP Certificate in Dermatology and sees many pets with a variety of skin conditions including allergies and chronic ear problems
Equipment and facilities
- Separate dog and cat wards to help reduce anxiety in hospitalised patients
- State of the art high resolution ultrasound and endoscopy with video imaging
- Modern internal laboratory enabling many blood test results to be available within a few hours
- Free advice at any of our nurse clinics
- Cat friendly clinics in many of our surgeries
- Authority to issue pet passports
- Weekend appointments with most surgeries open for Saturday appointments, and emergencies attended to at Wokingham.
Find further details on What to expect when your pet comes to Kynoch Vets.